We are so excited to be re-opening and can’t wait to see you all! We know it may feel a little scary to venture out once again (to be honest, it’s a little scary for us also) so we thought long and hard about how we could make our re-opening as safe AND enjoyable as possible. Here are the details:
- For now, our store hours will remain at 10am-2pm Tuesday thru Saturday. We will be closed on Sunday and Monday. *Please note that we will also be closed on Saturday, July 4th.
- For those who prefer to shop from home, our Etsy shop is still available 24/7.We will continue to add new items as quickly as we can. All orders that are made through Etsy will be set up for delivery only.
- Machine service will continue to be on an appointment basis only. Give us a call if you would like to schedule service. Please do not bring your machine in without an appointment as you will be asked to bring it back home until your appointment date. Our goal is to get your machines back to you in 1-3 days (unless we are waiting on parts) and to avoid a back up of waiting machines in the store.
- Everyone in the shop (customers and staff) must wear a mask and the mask must cover both your nose and mouth at all times while you are in the shop. If you forget to bring a mask we will have disposable masks for you to purchase for $1. All money collected will be donated to the Hampshire Food Pantry. We agree that masks can be warm and uncomfortable but this is so important that we have made it a requirement.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for your use at the entrance.
- Please respect the 6 foot social distancing rule. So that this can be accomplished comfortably we will only allow a maximum of 10 people in the shop at a time. Please don’t be offended if we offer a gentle reminder. It is easy to get distracted when you are surrounded by fabric! If you need to wait outside we have seating on the porch (Thanks, Mike!) and in the enclosed porch area for your convenience. We also have a bookshelf of quilting books (free to a good home, so please take one) for your reading pleasure while you wait.
- Jann has started calling everyone who purchased a sewing machine while we were closed to set up lessons. When you set up your lesson, Jann will tell you all about how they will be taught in order to keep you both safe. For those of you who purchased a Bernina know that they have now created new educational videos for all their machines to help you get started! These videos will be posted on their website as of June 1st.
- While we prefer you come to the store to shop we do understand that some of our customers may have health concerns that place them at extremely high risk. If you have a concern, please call us or email us for curbside pickup orders. If we do not answer your call, please leave a message. Please know that the customers in the store will need to be our priority. We promise we will return your call or email but it may not be the same day. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- I know it goes without saying, but just a reminder to please postpone your visit if you are not feeling well.
Thank you for your support and respect of our guidelines. As we receive new or changed guidance from our Governor we will be sure to update our plans and let you know about any changes. Our goal will always be to keep our customers, and our staff, as safe as possible.