As we all are, we are monitoring the ever changing Covid-19 situation on a continuous basis and take it very seriously.
Here is the plan at this moment (3/14/2020) for Stitching on State. Please understand that it could change at any moment based on new information. We will share any updates via email, Facebook and on our webpage. If you prefer, simply call the shop (847-683-4739) or email us (info@Stitchingonstate.com) for the most recent information.
- First and foremost, if you, or someone you have been in contact with, shows any signs of illness please do not visit us right now. If you have been in contact with an infected or potentially infected person please err on the side of caution. No amount of planning or hygiene will do more to help us prevent the spread of this virus than decreasing exposure.
- As of right at this moment the shop will remain open as usual.
- If, however, increased testing indicates that we have a heavier burden of Covid-19 cases in our area than we are currently aware of (currently 1 confirmed case in Kane county) we are prepared to close the shop immediately. Please do not hesitate to call ahead or email us if you want to verify our status.
- **If we DO close the shop at some point and you have a sewing machine repair ready to pick up we will make sure you can pick it up.
- We are cleaning all hard surfaces on an ongoing basis.
- We are requesting ALL customers to use the hand sanitizer provided as you enter the shop. If you are not able to use this sanitizer we are going to ask you to first stop in the restroom and wash your hands with soap and water. If you are unable to do this we ask that you call us rather than visiting in person. We are happy to help you shop over the phone and will bag items and bring them to your car for pick up. Our Etsy shop is also another alternative for fabric bundles, panels, kits and patterns.
- If you are signed up for a class, workshop or club scheduled over the next 3 weeks your instructor will call to update you on the status of the class and the plan for make-up if the decision is made to postpone the class.
Thank you all for your support of our shop. We want all of us to be safe.
Elaine, Mike and All of Us at Stitching On State